TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 20, 2024, 09:25:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Festival Chatter  (Read 411285 times)
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #640 on: Today at 01:50:55 PM »

Right now, if mostly-folk-based festivals want to survive, I reckon they have to diversify, get some artists that will appeal beyond the folkies and embark on publicity campaigns, perhaps jointly and severally to sell themselves outside of their traditional audience.

Nail. Head.

And potentially lose all the attendees they already have in the first place?  There's a strong danger of oversimplification here, I think..

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #641 on: Today at 02:28:49 PM »

Right now, if mostly-folk-based festivals want to survive, I reckon they have to diversify, get some artists that will appeal beyond the folkies and embark on publicity campaigns, perhaps jointly and severally to sell themselves outside of their traditional audience.

Nail. Head.

And potentially lose all the attendees they already have in the first place?  There's a strong danger of oversimplification here, I think..
Not so long ago I was at The pre Cropredy Trad Aaar gig and a regular poster on here asked Peggy why Trad Aaar had not been on at Cropredy for a while . I must the say the response somewhat shocked me , it was along the lines of we dont book too many folk rock acts as folk rock fans will come anyway. I think they are reaping the rewards now of ignoring the core audience. I have seen Merry Hell twice in the last week and boy am I on a high , this is what gets me out not a load of self indulgent twiddling.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Andy
Brain half the size of a planet
Global Moderator

Loc: South West Wales

Not perfect. Never claimed to be.

« Reply #642 on: Today at 07:38:05 PM »

They're already losing attendees hand over fist or they wouldn't be begging people to attend and bring a friend.

My Photos: Bands, People, Wildlife: https://tinyurl.com/AndyLeslieFlickr
kenhughes

« Reply #643 on: Today at 08:17:51 PM »

They're already losing attendees hand over fist or they wouldn't be begging people to attend and bring a friend.

I am not comfortable with the idea of "begging".

In fact, I have considered Simon's post/email as a marketing message rather than a plea.

Towersey have jumped on that and taken advantage. However, good luck to them and long may they continue.

Cropredy is so important that I would drink warm lager there if it was the only beer available!
Nick Reg
The Dreaded
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: NEWCASTLE, STAFFS

Merry Hell have been

« Reply #644 on: Today at 09:25:24 PM »

I am not comfortable with the idea of "begging".

In fact, I have considered Simon's post/email as a marketing message rather than a plea.

Towersey have jumped on that and taken advantage. However, good luck to them and long may they continue.

Cropredy is so important that I would drink warm lager there if it was the only beer available!
Now that really is desperate

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: