TalkAwhile - The Folk Corporation Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:37:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fairport @ the Barbican, 18th July  (Read 233065 times)
jaypeter (Peter)
ROFLMAFLOFLEBLOF
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »

Is the line-up as reported on the Barbican website?
Grin I don't think so:
That is so far removed form my understanding of the situation as last discussed with Joe Boyd and the bookers at the Barbican it reads like Science fiction!

Thank you for that useful assistance Mr B. What I really should have said, and meant to say, was, what's the line-up? Like, what's the format? I've heard rumours that the Incredible string Band are also around. If that's obvious and everybody else in the world already knows everything, please be gentle with me Bob, just electronically pat me on the head.
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:48 PM »

Grin I don't think so:
That is so far removed form my understanding of the situation as last discussed with Joe Boyd and the bookers at the Barbican it reads like Science fiction!

Thank you for that useful assistance Mr B. What I really should have said, and meant to say, was, what's the line-up? Like, what's the format? I've heard rumours that the Incredible string Band are also around. If that's obvious and everybody else in the world already knows everything, please be gentle with me Bob, just electronically pat me on the head.
Sorry, I was assuming it was going to be the same one that appeared at Cropredy. That's what I understood from the initial announcement that appeared in this thread:
http://www.talkawhile.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?topic=30379.msg411609#msg411609

Of course, that thread didn't really provide the details you're looking for so I will step back and let the ones who know for sure provide the answer.
jaypeter (Peter)
ROFLMAFLOFLEBLOF
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »

Grin I don't think so:

Sorry, I was assuming it was going to be the same one that appeared at Cropredy. That's what I understood from the initial announcement that appeared in this thread:

Of course, that thread didn't really provide the details you're looking for so I will step back and let the ones who know for sure provide the answer.
Never assume, Yank, never assume. Especially when you're dealing with a website that announces that the tickets are sold out before they have gone on sale.
Bob Barrows
Give me time ... it will wear on me
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Auburn, MA USA

Bob

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2009, 07:21:48 PM »

Never assume, Yank, never assume. Especially when you're dealing with a website that announces that the tickets are sold out before they have gone on sale.
Huh But I wasn't dealing with that website: I was referring to an announcement that appeared on Swarb's site ... Never mind, it appears I've rubbed you the wrong way and I do apologize.
jaypeter (Peter)
ROFLMAFLOFLEBLOF
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2009, 07:45:09 PM »

No you haven't Bob. No apol necess.
Tim Fletcher
Spotify hasn't heard of him either!
Folkcorp Guru

Loc: London - almost Muswell Hill!

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:56 PM »

It's just been explained to me that it's 'sold out' to the members - i.e. the members early booking allocation has all gone - but Martin is right with his info above. Also bookable by phone at that time.

I'm obviously in the wrong membership list as I don't seem to have had any communication about it.  Sad

Online early tomorrow then.

I really must get around to thinking up something witty and urbane to put here.
silver65

Loc: Republic of Romford

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »

Tickets are now available on the Barbican website just got 2 tickets in row A of the circle.See you there Grin

I live with fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me go down the pub
davidmjs
less Yes than I probably should do
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Penrith(ish)

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 08:27:13 AM »

Tickets are now available on the Barbican website just got 2 tickets in row A of the circle.See you there Grin

I think we'll be sitting next to you by the looks of it!  Hoorah for decent tickets  Grin

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
GubGub (Al)
and that is where it gets a bit cheesy
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: West Sussex

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »

Tickets booked at 8.15 this morning. Row G of the Stalls.

Looks like it is going to be a Fairport summer. I have 4 Fairport related gigs inside a month an a half!  Smiley

Really looking forward tis one though.
ian fry
as the rainbow lorikeets screetch outside

Loc: Adelaide

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 09:03:33 AM »

Hurrah!...
just got my B38 ticket...

simply awesome!

'n since i'm travelling from Adelaide, i've purchased for ISB the following night - B30 for that one

does anyone know of a halfway decent backpackers anywhere in the vicinity??

i'm SO excited!

CHEERS!...
'n U-BEAUT!

ian
Tim Fletcher
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2009, 09:10:05 AM »

We're in  Cheesy - Row H of the stalls.

Must get on and book Cropredy this weekend.

PaulT
Up pops Paul with the Flowerpot Men
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Gloucester

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:52 AM »

E32 - right in the middle of the stalls!  Grin

Flobbadob!
martin driver
I like the cut of his gibberish
Folkcorp Guru 2nd Dan

Loc: Surbiton

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »

B29 next to Ian for the ISB gig
arie

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2009, 09:53:19 AM »

Fairport Convention Concert: B34 - B35
Very Cellular Songs: H39 - H40

Now I just have to look for a decent hotel or something and a rowboat
Tim Fletcher
Folkcorp Guru

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

It's tempting to get a seating plan and then we can all colour it in to show where we are. We are H26-28, although to be honest I would have taken almost anything just so long as I was in the same room.

Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »

B46 in the stalls.

steve-n
Ironic Hooverer

Loc: Leafy Warwickshire

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »

It's just been explained to me that it's 'sold out' to the members - i.e. the members early booking allocation has all gone - but Martin is right with his info above. Also bookable by phone at that time.

Apparently not!  Was told at 9 am that telephone booking was for Members only until 17 April. So, given the info from others (above) a quick dash home at lunchtime to book over the internet.

Can't say I'm terribly impressed with the Barbican's organisation.

S&J
Chris
Well Moderated? Call 0800....
Folkcorp Guru 3rd Dan

Loc: Oxfordshire

Errrr....where's me beer?

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »

Strewth! That has got to be wrong.....if they're selling to all & sundry online!

Mind you, it states on the website now that sales to members online isn't until the beginning of July, when it's likely to be sold out.

Barbican management are really going to get a rocket up their a*s*s, I reckon on this....

DaviD J (was geriatrix)

Loc: Bucks

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »

Yes, a bizarre way to market an event. Still, can't complain too much, bagged front row seats, albeit at one end, B19-B20.
Mortimer

Loc: London/St Albans

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »

C36-37.  Can't help feeling this thread is turning into a bizarre game of battleships.  I am taking my 8 year old to her first proper gig.  One day she will understand Dad's strange musical tastes but at least it gives me an excuse to take the wife's James Blunt CD off the player and replace it with Fairport on the basis that I need to get No 1 daughter up to speed.

"Musically we know it"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: